Chamfer the right way
The Quad Chamfer modifier produces all quad chamfers, unlike the normal 3ds Max chamfer which produces a lot of triangles and ngons.
It is the successor of the Quad Chamfer maxscript, improving on by:
- Speed. Being a native c++ plugin now it allows you to modify chamfers in real time.
- Control. You can determine the look of your chamfers by controlling their sharpness/roundness.
- Robustness. A robust new algorithm allows you to chamfer any edge combinations without unpredictable results.
- Flexibility. You don't have to commit to any chamfer, you can always change them later.
- Workflow. Besides using edge selection you can chamfer by smoothing group boundaries or edge weights. This way you can edit the underlying topology without losing or destroying your chamfers. Also chamfering by edge weights allows to have variable widths on your chamfers.
Here are some of the benefits you get:
- You get better results if you use Quad Chamfer in conjunction with turbosmooth
- No more unwanted pinching
- Great topology
- You can control the sharpness/roundness of your chamfers
- You don't have to commit to any chamfer, you can change them anytime
- And many more other benefits over the normal chamfer and quad chamfer maxscript
Situations in which you would want to use the Quad Chamfer Modifier:
- When you want to chamfer edges without producing triangles or n-gons.
- When you want to chamfer edges without having artifacts after you apply a TurboSmooth modifier.
- When you want to add support loops without using the connect or the swift tool.
Watch the videos below to learn more about the Quad Chamfer Modifier
Quad Chamfer Modifier works with 3ds Max 9/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012/2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2021/2022/2023/2024 (32 & 64 Bit).
Buy Quad Chamfer Modifier for $48 + tax
You can access your files and licenses on the My Downloads page after your purchase. If you purchased the product for somebody else send me an email and I will change the login email address. An invoice can be generated after the purchase.
For orders over $300 you can contact me for alternative payment methods and invoicing.